UpComing Projects


I thought I'd share some of the projects that you can expect to see here in the near future. Figuring out exactly what I want to do to them, getting parts or custom making parts, limited finances to put towards them or even the lack of certain tools can slow down the process but they are coming along one step at a time.


In no special order here they are:



A Matco Tools Portable Air Tank.
The above image is of one I found online because I seem to have lost a whole bunch of photos from my phone at some point. The one I acquired looked much worse to start with This should turn out rather nice in the end with what I have planned for it.


Now that both the Boley Vise and Drill Press Angle Vise are completed I'm looking to make a case for each. I found this craft box which will work nicely for the Drill Press Angle Vise and I'll see what I can do with it. I'm hoping to make the one for the Boley vise from scratch having now acquired a tool via trade that will allow me to do just that.



A small but interesting vintage tool that came as part of the trade is this Wil-Kro Combination Razor Planer. As viewed above is usually how one can expect to receive one. But I like unique, so I'll see what I can do to this little interesting tool to make the one I have stand out from the rest.


An older model ION Block Rocker, the iPA16 was given to me by an acquaintance of mine is another project I've already started working on. It must have been owned by a house painter at one time and used on the job site as it had overspray and diluted paint drippings all over it when I received it. I've since thoroughly cleaned it as you can see above. I'll be doing some repairs, modifications and improvements to it. It'll be rocking the block out again shortly! 😀




In my trade for tools were an assortment of vintage Stanley Wood planes. I enjoy woodworking but I'm certainly not a finish Carpenter or even a cabinet maker. Even so I can appreciate these planes. Among them are a No. 7, a No. 5 plane. They're all in fairly good condition but I'll be doing my best to tune them, sharpen them and bring them back into like new condition before using them. Or learning how to properly use them as I'm not quite sure what each is meant and designed for.



The main reason for my recent trade was to acquire one on the main tools I lack. That being a small portable table saw. It had some rust and the table surface was corroded and even pitted in some areas when I received it. I've already taken all the rust off the guides and other areas. As well as sanded the table surface down a bit to remove the corrosion and gave it a wax as seen in the above image. There's things I really like about it and a couple that I don't. And though not really a project per say, I'll be seeing what I can do to overcome it's shortcomings for my needs and in possibly making some jigs and other things for it. Which I may be sharing them here on the blog.


We'll be revisiting the Dayton Jewelers Buffing Station again as I really want to get this restored. I only lack the paint and compressor I need to spray it with. I have been using it as is and it's proving great for indoor use given the filter and blower system it has. But as mentioned, I want it fully restored and refinished and outfit it with LED lighting. As well as a couple other ideas I have for it. I also lack a color scheme and possible art work idea for it. Suggestions would be great if you have any. If I like it, I may use your ideas for it or combine them with my own.


A Reed 203R Vise is the third and final vise restoration I have planned and in the works at the moment. The hold up is a bit I need to remove the base. I forgot the exact name of it at the moment but it's one like the one seen below.


Without this bit, this sucker is not coming apart and I have tried! I already know exactly how I want to paint it and what I want to do to it but the lack of the correct size bit is holding things up at this point.

Last but not least is my idea/design for a Portable, Expandable Paint Spray Booth which I have started. I've redesigned and rebuilt that booth at least a half dozen times already. Every time I think I've got it to were I'm happy, I think of something new or something else I want to change about it to make it even better, more versatile, more portable and so on. Because of that I've yet use it. Once completed I'll share it with everyone.

You'll just have to trust me on this but if you've considered making one you're really going to like what I've come up with. I've tried to think of everything and make it to where it suit most everyone's needs. Including my own varied needs when it comes to spray painting. It's one booth that meets all requirements. Including safety, flow rates and so on. You'll just have to wait to see what I've come up with, but it is coming. Hopefully sooner than to too much later.  😁 A paint booth like this can make all the difference in the finish.

That's pretty much all I can think of at the moment project wise. There may be other projects popping up in-between but these are the projects on the stove and in the pan cooking so to speak at the moment.

I also hope to get in some posts in on  Graphic Arts, VFX, Music, etc etc as well. Though in being honest, I don't know at this point when that'll be... I certainly miss that side of creativity I can tell you that much.

On that note, I did make the "Upcoming Projects" banner seen at the start of this page. All of 10-15 minutes of graphic creativity fun. I did so using a few different apps on my phone. Not quite the same as a full blown graphics workstation or the available software but I think it came out decent. Decent enough on my HD Smartphone screen to sign it. How it looks on a monitor I don't know. Hopefully as good.

If any of these upcoming projects peek your interest be sure to check back often or subscribe to the blog if you care to and I believe you'll be notified when I make a post to the blog.

Till the next post as always, stay creative and above all else, stay Happy! 😁

Cheers all!..

Comments