Razor e300 Electric Scooter - Completed


As stated in my last post the Micro Shop is for now shut down. Though I wasn't able to go to the lengths I planned on going with this Razor e300 electric scooter project, I decided to just get it back up and running with minimal mods. Post it for sale to recoup the costs and give me more room packing things into a smaller area.

I didn't take a bunch of pics to show you,b enough to show you the obvious things. Words alone will take you through the rest which are simple and can be used as reference if you're doing these repairs yourself to your Razor e300.

What you can't see is I upgraded the batteries from the stock 7ah batteries to 9ah batteries. This in theory gives a 28% increase in run time hence a longer distance.

The batteries I purchased are made by Power Sonic. They're suppose to be a good name. Purchased on Amazon, they cost a little more than others but shipped fast and I actually received them the next day after ordering them. Which was a surprise.



I was going to try a couple of 15ah batteries which I felt confident would fit standing upright. Then modify the deck by raising it enough that the 15ah batteries cleared nicely.

Unable to do the modification build wise is the reason I said the heck with it, just put in an upgrade battery that'll fit without modding the deck.

I purchased a new battery charger for it as it didn't have one when I acquired it. Not the best in my opinion, but it'll do.

You may notice the deck has a high polish. I removed all the stock non-skid and took a high speed buffer to it with a decent cutting pad and used a rubbing compound to start to bring up the shine. In the sun this thing will blind you if you look at it reflecting the sun directly into your face.

Which I was considering candy coating the deck after polishing but left it bare, adding some new custom cut non-skid to it.

The non skid tape is by 3M. Used in the marine industry and other industries. It holds real good. Excellent non skid tape.

I  cut the non skid into strips rounding the ends and then just eyeballed the design on. It leaves enough high polish aluminum exposed and breaks it up enough that if you do get a direct glare looking at the reflection of the sun is not so bad now.



Which on that note, not too many look at their feet while riding. Keeping ones eyes on where you're going I think takes precedence over looking at ones feet. 😀

Other modifications I was considering was to upgrade the twist throttle. Stock it's a on/off and they have aftermarket throttles now that are gradual. Plus some have key switchs and battery level indicator lights or digital read out. Which I really like that mod idea for these scooters. Especially now that I've put higher amp hour batteries in it.

There's also mods to convert it to lithium batteries and higher powered motors one can do.

Of course I cleaned it all up, lubed and greased it where it needed. It runs great!

Not a huge project, not as many mods as I was originally planning but now that it's all back together, it's ready for someone to enjoy. Definitely better than they can get new, it's been listed on Craigslist waiting on a hopeful sale. Which as mentioned will help curb the costs of materials, time and labor I've put into it.

And gain me a little much needed space now that I've downsized.

I told you I might sneak a project in... Not a huge one. But one just the same. 😁

Till next time,

Stay creative, and most of all, stay Happy people!
Cheers...

Comments