Porter Cable 7346SP Orbital Sander/Polisher



Sometimes it pays to ask or question something you see or feel is wrong as was the case while shopping at a local Lowe's Hardware Store when I saw the price on what was an obviously used Porter Cable 7346SP 6 inch Orbital Sander Polisher.

While it was amongst other discounted items on a clearance rack, the price on it was as if it was a new unboxed item. It was very clearly used, missing the backing plate, the spanner wrench, instructions, box, etc.

So I questioned it's pricing and brought it up to the managers attention. Taking one look at the sander, it's condition, noting the missing parts, without missing a beat said, "You're right. Let's just fix that right now. I need to get rid of this thing."

And proceeded to mark it down to a new price. What I felt was a good price. A gift price in fact. One I couldn't refuse and didn't.

It took about an hour to clean it and lube it up to get it looking respectable again. In digging around through the several dozen spanner wrenches I've picked up from the side of the road.. (yes, literally dozens) I found one that fit this tool.


What the spanner wrench goes to originally, I don't know, but it was the only one that would fit and was thin enough.

I happen to own a Chicago Electric 6" Orbital Sander/Polisher that just so happens the backing plate had the same thread size. It's 5/16-24 in case you're wondering. Put the backing plate on and wha la! One Porter Cable 6" orbital sander/polisher compete.



I'll more than likely pick up the vacuum dust shroud for it as well as the 6" sticky back backing plate for it. I have short rolls of 6" sticky back sandpaper that I'll finally be able use by doing so.

It's just rude to receive a gift price as I did on this Porter Cable Sander without saying thank you. So thank you goes out to Lowe's. I'm sure I'll put it to good use.

Till next time people,
Stay creative, stay Happy.

Cheers...

Comments