I'm on Facebook now...



Yup, I'm on Facebook now. Signed up a few days ago. Though I'm not quite sure why I decided to add FB to the sites I belong to. I'm not a social media butterfly. I don't especially like Facebook. In fact, quite the opposite if I'm being totally honest. What Facebook started out as, a social network for people, has been taken over by businesses. Why I don't know. I don't search FB for businesses. And even if they come up in the search engines you can't see them unless you have a Facebook account and log in. Same with people. So... I didn't get the social media attraction before, in as much as I  don't get the business attraction of today. "Like us on FB"... what the fuck is that about? Why should I? for a 10% coupon? Whaat? Seriously? No! Get away from me! Stop emailing me!

That's my reaction to that kind of solicitation. From anyone really. Business or personal.

That said...

So why did I sign up? I really think in part because I'm bored internet wise. Everything wise actually.
Everything is on standby in my personal interest areas, and has been for far too long of a time. I mean gosh, my last blog post was in 2016!! Mainly because my CG Artwork is on standby, all my artwork, photography, 3D printing and RC interest... on standby. So I haven't had anything to really blog about. Joining FB has been the biggest thing creatively I've done in a while worth noting - the only thing that's moved forward. And not something I would particularly write home about. Yet here I am and here you are..

I think too, I signed up because I wanted somewhere to make quick posts. Post a photo on something I've refurbished or accomplished that I want to make a quick note of personally.  Stuff I'm proud of but not worthy of writing a whole blog post about. Not in my view anyway. More of a photo/journal maybe. I don't know.

Perhaps joining Facebook was just my way of saying I'm still part of the content creators of the internet. Creating... be it a photo, a 3D object, a painting, a website or even content for me is enjoyable. Perhaps it's the creative side of me reaching out for something, anything to be creative with. I don't know for sure yet.

So how do I like it so far?
It's quick posts, K.I.S.S. posts. A pic and a couple descriptive lines. Though I still don't get FB. It's not like I have friends on there. No ones "liked" my pics. And I'm not going to go around tossing friend requests or accepting any from those I don't know. I don't see the point in doing so. 

Perhaps in the end I'll discover it's just not for me.

Funny, this blog has been up for years now. Within 48 hrs of signing up to Facebook I received an warning from Google concerning the blogs robot txt. Claiming they couldn't index it blah blah blah.
And they removed my blog, this blog from the search index which if you had searched my name was first in the ranking, Coincidence? Perhaps but I don't know. It was almost as if Googles bot picked up that I had signed up to FB, and is throwing a fit like a little kid. "If you joined Facebook, I'm not listing you in the searches!" waaaah!

There's nothing wrong with my robot txt. Never has been. This blog and my site have the same robot txt. It's still indexed along with the description of the site as was the blog. Up till yesterday that is. So I don't what's up with that other than its one of those funny things that happened on the way to FB.

Well, I'm up there on FB. Though I don't come up in the FB searches... go figure.
And I apologize to anyone that was actually reading my posts in the fact that I haven't posted more posts here on my blog. I would if I had something real to share. Hopefully in the near future there will be. We'll see.

The whole point of this blog when I started was aimed at 3D then turned from there.

Maybe I'll create a photo gallery out of my google site..? I don't know yet.
I'm starving for so many things. Things that got put on hold. Creativeness I've yet to have a true long running chance to explore.

till I figure it out...
Stay creative guys and gals.

Cheers...


Comments